Feeling inspired today by this post. Everything is connected, and the best things stem from love…
Life is a circle.
Everything you do, everything you say, every choice you make, comes back around.
If you want to be rich, be generous. If you want to make friends, be friendly. If you want to be understood by others, take the time to truly understand them. If you want to be heard, listen.
If you want to live an interesting life, be interested the happenings around you. If you wish to truly learn and master a skill, study what you can and then teach someone else what you know.
If you long for peace, act in peace and harmony. If you want the world to change, start with the one in the mirror.
What you give is eventually what you get. Whatever it is you hope to achieve in this life, give it, nurture it, be it, and you will enjoy a lifetime filled with it many times over.
So February is already a quarter done. The shortest month of the year is quite a sneaky little minx. In an effort to get the most of the (sometimes dreary) February, here are some ways I plan to make it fab…
- Celebrate NUTELLA Day today! Clearly this is a very important holiday for me given my love for all things Nutella. Yum.
- Daydream about our CRUISE coming up in March! This will be especially fun to think of when the weather is chilly and blah (not a huge concern in Florida, but we do have our days).
- Share the LOVE. It can be as simple as saying “thank you,” surprising someone you love with their favorite treat, or sharing a random act of kindness with a stranger.
- Attend a NEW yoga class, workshop, or training. Something to spice up my practice and teaching.
- Get some new MUSIC for personal and class playlist enjoyment :)
- Eat more PRODUCE. I’ve fallen off the 10 servings a day wagon again (fail) and desperately need more greens in my life. New goal: Include produce in every meal!
- Put the SLOW COOKER to work more often. How amazing is it to come home to a delicious smelling and tasting meal that required minimal effort from you? Absolutely fantastic!
- Include more HEART OPENERS in my personal yoga practice.
- Daily MEDITATION. Even if it’s just 5 minutes, it counts!
- Enjoy wearing SCARVES and BOOTS while I can :)
I recently (umm… 3 weeks ago) wrote about putting yourself out there and taking risks because you just might surprise yourself. And then today, I got it. I took a risk (admittedly, it was a very small risk), and when the result was far beyond expectation, something clicked.
It’s one thing to talk and think and dream, but it’s another to put words to action. I hope to use this as inspiration to turn things up a notch in all parts of my life… Laissez les bons temps rouler!
Well, well, hello there. It seems I forgot I had this little blog. I’ve been exploring Europe, growing my practice and my teaching, and enjoying a lot of smiles and lessons along the way. But we can talk about that another day. Today we focus on the present.
I have been starting my classes this week asking my students to share one word that describes how they would like 2013 to be. I’ve heard so many great responses: strong, bold, peaceful, happy, patience… I love doing this to learn a little more about my yogis and to offer the opportunity to inspire each other.
My word for the year is “FEARLESS!!!” Yes, caps and exclamation points included. I’ve long believed that, “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone,” and I made some great strides with that in 2012. But I’d like to take it further. Our capacity for greatness is often far greater than we could ever imagine.
As you meditate on 2013 and the intentions you have for the year ahead, remember that you already have all that you need. It all resides in you, but sometimes needs a little mindful nudge to be unveiled. So keep showing up, keep practicing, and keep putting yourself out there… Kick some ass ;)